Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Am unable to permanently erase a folder which inadvertently (I don't know how) was stored in the OEM Recovery Partition.  After erasing it, it always restores itself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem Solved.  The software associated with the disk (backup) drive immediately begins backing up again.  Since the drive is recognized in the Recovery partition, that's where the backup is stored.  By disabling the backup function, once the folder is erased it is not recreated.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What was the name of the folder you are trying to get rid off? Partitions are made in order to restore your computer in it bugs down. You might accidentally delete an important file that will restore your computer.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

I have two folders:  Recovery and Hitachi Backup.  The latter appeared there when I connected a Hitachi Touro Pro back up hard drive.  It didn't show up as a separate drive.  It should have been F:  The Hitachi folder is very large and has taken up too much space in the Recovery partition.

HP Recommended

Problem Solved.  The software associated with the disk (backup) drive immediately begins backing up again.  Since the drive is recognized in the Recovery partition, that's where the backup is stored.  By disabling the backup function, once the folder is erased it is not recreated.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.