Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-xf0000 (758R4AV)

Can someone enlighten me how I can raise a formal complaint that doesn't include calling [content removed] or speaking to anyone from HP thats based in Tunisia.

I had to send my laptop off for repairs which took a total of 12 days to receive my laptop back from the day of pick up. This laptop is not just my way of gaming its my work from home laptop. I went 12 days without pay just for them to send my laptop back to me still broken. I used it to work then fired up a game after work and then my issues began again.

I have been on the phone 10-15 times today speaking to customer service demanding to speak to a manager to demand a replacement laptop or a full refund. Each time I was promised a call back will happen today but it didn't happen.

The last phonecall I made was to ask for my laptop to be collected and then all of a sudden they will do what they promised and actually arranged the collection. But because it was arranged so late in the day I cant have it collected the next day. So now again I am going to have to go without getting paid. I have rent and bills to worry about. HP are placing me in a vulnerable position.

I have had to find a company that allows you to rent a laptop. I have one arriving Friday which will cost me £80 for a month. This cost is on top of what I have already lost due to not being able to work due to HP supplying me a faulty machine and then failing to repair it.

This whole process has left me very stressed and depressed due to the financial loss I am facing. And to add to the stress the customer service team will lie to me and make different promises each time I call just to get rid of me.

I used to recommend HP to everyone but after this experience I will go out of my way to dissuade people to use HP.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey ... I understand your frustration at getting really bad response to a routine repair situation.  I really do.

I had a hard drive fail, so I contacted the vendor, confirmed the warranty covered it, and sent it off to them overnight -- after they told me that if I paid for overnight return, I would have it within 2 days -- at the outside.

It took SIX WEEKS!!  My file server was down the whole time because this is the primary drive.

I'm not excusing HP about this, just saying I know how you feel -- and I feel really bad that we can't do anything for you about this, nor can we send it "upstairs" to anyone -- because we are a self-help forum staffed by part-time volunteers and there is no "upstairs" here.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for showing understanding. But I've seen HP support members on here offer help. Who are they if these forums are not monitored by HP staff.

HP Recommended

You're right, HP Support does answer some threads.

I'll refer this thread to the forum Mods and you'll get a response from them if HP Support picks this up.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So they pick and choose who they help. That seems to be in line with the customer service I receive on the phone also. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.