Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 11

Bricked after update. I've tried a recovery usb that I received from hp in the past that I have used to reset the pc to factory settings, and I was able to let it go through the process of supposedly setting the pc back to factory settings but after the status bar had reached 100% in this instance, it told me that the reset-recovery had failed and I can only choose to try again or just shut the pc down. It will just go through that loop and each time say it's unable to succeed and gives me the option to try again. It seems to me like hp's own recovery usb deleted my entire windows recovery partition as I can't access windows recovery and now neither of these options will reset the computer back to factory. More over the default hard drive isn't showing up in the hardware test menu anymore now. I'm really at a loss for what can be done now. All of this has occurred through no fault of my own while using the devices provided as intented. I didn't want to upgrade and thought I had auto updates off too. Everything that wasn't backed up is totally gone. How can something so catastrophic as this occur?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.