02-16-2011 12:49 PM
What is the difference between HP Advanced System Diagnostics Start-up test vs its Run-in test?
Is one faster or more thorough than the other ? Is it better to run one or the other in different situations?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
07-18-2011 08:32 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 01:17 PM by OscarFuentes
Run-in test "Repeats the start-up test and checks for intermittent problems that the short start-up test does not detect. The test will run continuously until it is manually stopped by pressing the esc key.
03-26-2014 12:00 PM - edited 03-26-2014 12:00 PM
Okay, this is all well and good but how do you get the report from the run-in test if you're required to manually stop it with Esc? When I hit escape, there was no information displayed regarding the previous tests.
07-07-2014 02:26 PM
Old Laptop blues,
Trying to find old programs and find out Why, oh WHY(grrrr) ,has our pictures tripled and tripled AND TRIPLED untill we are full? Laptop says..........A Setting! Okay! What setting?????????? Where????????? Tech No Savy!!!!!!!! Now doing diagnostic run (whatever that does) tripped over that suggestion! Trouble is seeing the troubleshooting page While taking steps that we can't remember and Don't understand any suggestions???
10-30-2015 06:39 AM
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)