Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G6T85UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recognized that my laptop is plugged in but not charging since Sunday. And the battery is down from 44% to 22% since Sunday. I puchased the Hp envy x360 touchscreen laptop two years ago, and I had no problem with it untill three days ago. What should I do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vkyuen wrote:

I recognized that my laptop is plugged in but not charging since Sunday. And the battery is down from 44% to 22% since Sunday. I puchased the Hp envy x360 touchscreen laptop two years ago, and I had no problem with it untill three days ago. What should I do now?

Hi,
Follow the steps carefully:

Go to Device Manager and look for Battery

Double click or expand the Battery

Right click on Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery and uninstall it

Turn the computer off completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds

Unplug the charge and check if you could unplug the battery as well

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds

Plug in the battery

Plug in the charger

Turn the computer back on and check if the charging change status

If not then download the latest Bios update from HP's website http://support.hp.com/ and search using the product number then go to Software and Drivers and look for BIOS.

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@vkyuen wrote:

Hi,
Follow the steps carefully:

Go to Device Manager and look for Battery

Double click or expand the Battery

Right click on Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery and uninstall it

Turn the computer off completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 seconds

Unplug the charge and check if you could unplug the battery as well

Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds

Plug in the battery

Plug in the charger

Turn the computer back on and check if the charging change status

If not then download the latest Bios update from HP's website http://support.hp.com/ and search using the product number then go to Software and Drivers and look for BIOS.

Cheers!

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
Thank you so much! It worked!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your always welcome! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

I had a failed battery on my Envy x360 and was advised by support I needed to purchase a replacement battery (p/n 761230-005). I was informed that hp does not have them in stock, and I would need to order it directly from another distributor. I purchased the battery and made the swap today. The laptop then powered up and the computer seemed to be functioning normally. I noticed that it did not seem to be charging. I followed the steps above, with no success. I then updated the BIOS. Now the battery icon now shows the charger recognized, but says "No battery is detected". Please advise. 

HP Recommended
I have a problem with the battery of my hp envy. Yesterday I did some recommend updates and since then the battery is not charging anymore.
Unfortunately I have also run out of battery so I can't even turn the computer on. Is there anything I can do?
I bought this laptop a year and a half ago and I never had this kind of problem.
HP Recommended

Hi Ahansen73,

If theres no battery icon showing, Please follow the suggested steps mentioned above it will (most of the time fixed no battery icons and plugged in not charging issues). In the future, Please create a new post regarding your issue so moderators will see and might contribute something about your current issue.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Andrea23 wrote:
I have a problem with the battery of my hp envy. Yesterday I did some recommend updates and since then the battery is not charging anymore.
Unfortunately I have also run out of battery so I can't even turn the computer on. Is there anything I can do?
I bought this laptop a year and a half ago and I never had this kind of problem.

Hi Andrea,

How about when you plug the AC adapter? You can turn the computer back on even without a battery. Just plug the charger and your computer should power back on.

Youve mentioned about a recommended update? Is it a Microsoft update or an HP update?

I would highly suggest to update the bios version of your computer if the battery is not charging

Heres the step by step guide on how you could update the bios http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00042629

If update didnt work. Then run a diagnostic test. (Make sure that the battery is plugged in)

HP Notebook PCs - Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors with Omen 15 Notebook PCs

This document pertains to HP Omen 15 Notebook computers with Windows 8.
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) that provides diagnostic tests to determine whether the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs outside the operating system so that it can isolate hardware failures from issues that are caused by the operating system or other software components.
Opening and using UEFI Hardware Diagnostics
Complete these steps to open the UEFI menu when the computer is powered off.
  1. Turn on the computer.
  2. Immediately press the f2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI menu opens.
When the UEFI menu opens, select the diagnostic test you want to run, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
 note:
If you need to stop a diagnostic test, press esc.

Other stuff that might help your current concern is by calibrating the battery.

Heres how http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.