Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've been using HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx for almost 1 year, (Windows 7 home premium 64-bit)

I re-installed Windows 7 recently, every file and settings were gone, but I didn't have any problem except that I cannot install HP recovery manager.

I've tried to install HP recovery manager by installer downloaded from HP website, (sp45602) it says "File HardDisk.dll is missing from computer."

I tried Installer sp53402 also, but it says "This softpaq will not be installed becuase HP Recovery Manager cannot be found in your system."

I need to restore my laptop to point of time 'Factory Image setting...something like that, Factory settings.' in order to do that, I need HP Recovery Manager.  I have RECOVERY 😧  drive which have factory settings in it,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Did you resize the recovery partition, save a file to it or change its drive letter?

Did you perform a clean install of an operating system without using the recovery manager from the F11 key or with a recovery disk set or recovery usb media?

Those are all events that will stop F11 from operating properly.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I didn't even touch 😧 drive since I bought my laptop,

Also, F11 seem doesn't work.....(When starting -up)

HP Recommended

How about answering all of the questions.

Did you create a set of recovery disks or USB recovery media?

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, I still have undamaged RECOVERY (D) drive, I'm sure that all is need is HP recovery manager or any other recovery program which can use RECOVERY (D) to recover to factory settings.....

HP Recommended

In reference to your statement " I re-installed Windows 7 recently," how did you install Windows?

If you used the recovery manager disk set or usb recovery media, it would have installed the recovery manager as part of the process. If you installed Windows 7 with a usb installer or a Windows disk and used the clean install method then you removed the ability to use F11 and access the recovery manager via the partition. 

Try this HP solution. As long as the recovery partition is still ok, it should work. You will need a USB thumbdrive that is at least 16GB.

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

Same problem. Where do i find the Solution. Link doesn't work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.