Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 1000-1b10 au
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
hi:
I am having a laptop which I use when I am far from home due to office works.
Well I have Windows 7 sp1 32bit amd soon going to install Windows 10 pro.
Real talk begins: I want to know that what is my laptop capable to handle.
Can it run Windows 10 efficiently? I have many more issues with this lappi. Sometimes when I turn it on the HP logo screen appears and then it stucks in black screen or sometimes it is just stuck in HP logo screen.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @hp1000-1b10au,

Welcome back to the HP Forums! I came across your post about the boot issues on the HP 1000-1b10AU Notebook and consideration of the Windows 10 upgrade and wanted to assist!

If the system is not booting properly, this document  should take you through some basic troubleshooting. You may also want to try testing for hardware failures if this is an issue you experience regularly.

Your system is compatible with Windows 10. You can review the HP information on upgrading here. Microsoft also has some very detailed information about Windows 10 that you may want to read. If you decide to go through with the upgrade, please ensure you update the device drivers.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @hp1000-1b10au,

Welcome back to the HP Forums! I came across your post about the boot issues on the HP 1000-1b10AU Notebook and consideration of the Windows 10 upgrade and wanted to assist!

If the system is not booting properly, this document  should take you through some basic troubleshooting. You may also want to try testing for hardware failures if this is an issue you experience regularly.

Your system is compatible with Windows 10. You can review the HP information on upgrading here. Microsoft also has some very detailed information about Windows 10 that you may want to read. If you decide to go through with the upgrade, please ensure you update the device drivers.

Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hp1000-1b10au

Sorry, but in checking the HP site for your PC, I get very different information.

First, I checked this site using your product information, and it says HP has NOT tested your product: Confirm Upgrade to Windows 10 | HP® Official Site

Second, I had two PCs that the Win10 Upgrade tool said were 100% compatible with Win10 and the Upgrade trashed both of them!  So, anyone using that tool is asking for trouble.

Third, in checking the HP product page for your PC, I noticed that HP does NOT provide Win10 drivers -- leading me to suspect that, in reality, it is not compatible with Win10.

The problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality in laptops is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in laptops -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your laptop.  HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

However, for MS-supplied drivers that aren't working well, you could consider using HP Win8 drivers -- although there's no guarantee that those drivers will work.  Here's the link to the HP Product drivers and software page for Win8 for your PC:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-1000-1b00-Notebook-PC-series/5343010/model/748365...

If that page does not show Win8x when you open it, then click CHANGE and select Windows 8x using the pulldown.

You might have to install the drivers using compatibility mode: http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.