Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

SN [personal information removed], product WK988UA#ABA, model HP mini 210-1076NR. I live in Cambodia were all software is illegal. When my hard drive was replaced the local computer shop put in illegal windows 7 software. I have a sticker on the keyboard that shows I had windows 7 starter.  The windows OEM key was on the battery pack and is long gone. Is there a way to track down the original windows 7 key. When I look at the properties it shows a key number and says it is a valid number but that number is rejected when I try to upgrade to windows 10.  This is the number on the computer 0x80072f8f0x20000 for windows 7 OEM. I know it is an old computer but it is all I have. I am an economic refugee but at this time I am unable to afford a new computer.

Thank you for any advice and help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Microsoft has shut down the Win7 to Win 10 upgrade program.  If you try to do that now, instead of the option of upgrading and keeping stuff, you will see the only option is a Clean Install.  Also, you have to go out and BUY a license, which is a problem because HP does not sell OEM licenses.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.