Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Oh boy, I followed some wrong advice and uninstalled my Microsoft AC Adapter Driver, (I know) 😞 -  now my laptop won't start.

This is the video that I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFGfAKj0xFM

Absolutely nothing happens when I plug in the power source with or without battery, or just he battery alone.

I had no issues prior to being advised to remove my Microsoft AC Adapter drive, except for my battery saying it was not charging. The advice I received included removing Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery ans well as the Microsoft AC Adapter drive.

Now I know it should have only been the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.

The question is, how do i solve this? How do I get my laptop to boot up again so I can install my Microsoft AC Adapter drive? Bit of a chicken and the egg situation but desperate for a solution.

Laptop is Windows 10, upgraded from Win 8:

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Processor type: Intel (R) i5-4200u CPU@1.60Ghz

Memory 8GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found out what was wrong.

Yesterday, I had a new keyboard installed as one of the keys was faulty.

While thinking about what could have gone wrong, I remember watching the technician "connect" the keyboard and how fidgety a job it was for him to slide in the connector.

Then i thought, maybe with me flipping the laptop around a few times to remove the battery, it may have dislodged something, so I carefully removed the keyboard myself, and boom there it was, the connection was loose. The clip which is supposed to hold it down was not closed properly, and as soon a i lifted up the keyboard, the power source sprang into life.

So my conclusion is that the keyboard connection,which is a flat piece of plastic with embedded circuits (I know, layman's terms), was causing some kind of short, or bad connection.

Now everything is okay again.

Thank you for your help in trying to figure this out, and my apologies for wasting your time.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.