Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac610TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't have my laptop with me right now,  so i cant test it using the tool microsoft provided.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Rakib3 

Yes, why not ? You still can see Windows 10 runs on many older machines therefore new Windows 10 machines now can definitely run Windows 11.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Rakib3 

To answer your question, here are the MINIMUM hardware requirements for Win11:  

- The system disk needs to have 64GB of free space

- The PC must support TPM 2.0

- The PC must support Secure Boot

I have a bunch of PCs that run Win10 OK, right up to the most recent build, and NONE of them will run Win11.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood 

My 2 years old HP Elitebook 840 G5 gave  me:

w11 Elite.png

And my Omen 15-dc which is 33 months old gave me

w11 Omen.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien 

Your PCs clearly meet the requirements of Win11 -- mine do not.

While it is true that RECENT Win10 PCs will most likely meet the Win11 requirements, we don't want folks to think that because their PCs run Win10, they can also run Win11.  The Win11 forums are chock full of folks trying to find ways to upgrade their TPM from 1.2 to 2.0 or to buy and install TPM modules.  The same forums have post after post of folks who installed Win11 and then ran the MS Win11 checker -- which then claims their PCs will not run Win11.

There is a method to install Win11 on really OLD hardware, like mine.  I know because I used it and am running Win11 on a no UEFI, no Secure Boot, no TPM desktop.  But I will not repeat that method here.  I posted it on the Win11 forums.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @Rakib3 

I found this document regarding hard and soft floor system requirements, so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens when we actually try to upgrade older PC's to W11...

Compatibility for Windows 11- Compatibility Cookbook | Microsoft Docs

According to the above document, you may be able to upgrade to W11 as long as your PC meets the hard floor requirements.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.