Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15ec1073dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, this issue IS NOT isolated to Specific device but a ongoing complex issue and so far solution has alluded me. I made the mistake of reformatting hard drive using windows pro licensed usb. I installed official windows 10 from usb. Ok a bit of background: I have detected a device of unknown origin installed in our building but cannot physically locate it. It broadcast several WiFi SSIDs ,1 hidden and even a LTE band. It has compromised several of our devices for multiple years.(MITM device/dhcp/dns server) Anyways, my device/windows OS NICs appear to be bound to it…Maybe even “Booting” from this rogue device by way of DHCP.Net Boot NOT active In bios. It has full control over DNS and can make system changes at will. Anything I download even if it’s 28gb will appear to be only 34kb(example). All downloaded files are smaller than what DL manager says they are while downloading. Files appear to be able to be changed sometime between time you choose to download and Finish. It appears to be using signed verified windows/hp drivers to do this.  Network manager shows several “vEthernet” adapters. Attackers can prevent me from browsing to certain sites and prevent changes. I have tried to repair OS but it gives a “Not Allowed or error” type response. Very frustrating. ANY ideas? Please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.