Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15ay007tx

Hi 

I have created USB bootup media (windows 10) and trying to install windows 10 in my laptop (HPAY007tx) ,

Here few things i have tried before i came here for help,

1. The boot menu , the secure boot option is disabled by default - I can't change it

2. It has  UEFI boot option , i have enabled both legacy and EFI boot mode

3. Tried to create partition , it throws the following error,

Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected disk has an MBR Partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had fixed the issue,

what went wrong ?

I used usb boot media, in which i have extracted and copied the iso image content and tried to boot from it ( the usb default file system is FAT32 which is not supported to install win10

What i did to fix the issue ?

followed this article which basically uses refus tool to create bootable image from iso and then run f9 and selected boot media as usb drive and that it windows get installed successfully .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Disable EFI boot.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03445889

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I tried this link before but not worked for me , creating partition still not working

HP Recommended

I had fixed the issue,

what went wrong ?

I used usb boot media, in which i have extracted and copied the iso image content and tried to boot from it ( the usb default file system is FAT32 which is not supported to install win10

What i did to fix the issue ?

followed this article which basically uses refus tool to create bootable image from iso and then run f9 and selected boot media as usb drive and that it windows get installed successfully .

HP Recommended

forget to copy the link in the above thread. 

Here we go http://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-windows-10-bootable-usb-flash-drive/

HP Recommended

I think these solutions will solve your problem.

You can install Windows 7 on it.

This error is due to the installation media or installation drive problem.

If you delete allt he partitions, or if you clean your drive, you can solve this issue, but you will lose all your data.

BUT you can solve this issue without deleting any data on your partition using disabling UEFI boot:

See more blow:

Without Data Lose, Solve Error: Windows Cannot be Installed to this MBR Partition

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.