Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY CE-1000 Series
Microsoft Windows 11

Mine passed the Windows 11 minimum requirements, I installed it, then the Fingerprint Reader doesn't work probably due tot the drivers AND HP says they don't support HP ENVY 17 CE 1000 Series Windows 11 yet, so Should I expect them to support it in near future. 

Or

I'm already doomed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since this is a peer to peer forum and we don't work for, or represent HP, we would not be able to answer your question.

You can address your concerns to the HP executive team at the link below...

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

Hopefully, HP will get around to uploading the drivers on the PC's support pages that are supported for W11.

Did you check to see if there were any optional driver updates pending to be installed?

Windows 11 does driver updates a little differently than W10 did.

You have to go to Settings>Windows Update>Advanced Options>under the Additional options section there is an Optional Updates line which may have pending drivers waiting to be installed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Since this is a peer to peer forum and we don't work for, or represent HP, we would not be able to answer your question.

You can address your concerns to the HP executive team at the link below...

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

Hopefully, HP will get around to uploading the drivers on the PC's support pages that are supported for W11.

Did you check to see if there were any optional driver updates pending to be installed?

Windows 11 does driver updates a little differently than W10 did.

You have to go to Settings>Windows Update>Advanced Options>under the Additional options section there is an Optional Updates line which may have pending drivers waiting to be installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.