Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Greetings,  I've got a Probook and it has a feature called Just In Time Authentication which requires the entry of a password every 15 minutes in order to access an externa data source such as a USB memory stick.  Anyone know how and where to adjust the time for this?  I've seached but can find nowhere to change this.
Thanks in advance
Alex

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Page #54 of the following document may help:

http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1024632071.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying but the manual doesn't appear to apply to my Probook.  I don't have a shortcut under programs called 'HP' and a search for 'HP ProtectTools' came up empty.  I have a shortcut called HP Client Security but it just hangs when I try and run it.  I was hoping to find a registry entry I could edit to change the time out period but I've not found anything that appears relevant there.

HP Recommended

You find it under "Device/Device Permissions" on the start page of the HP Client Security program.

HP Recommended

I know this is probably too late but I just figured out how to disable the Just In Time Authentication.

• Log into the HP Client Security program, there is an icon in the control panel.
  • Go to "Device Permissions" on the right side.
  • Click "change" next to "Access".
  • Now switch "on" to "off" or otherwise edit the Just In Time Authentification.

Hope I could help.

HP Recommended

Awesome LorenzLietner!

Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Thanks  LorenzLietner!

HP Recommended

When I click on "Device Permissions", a box pops up and says:

Unable to load Device Policy system.runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x80070490)Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070490)

then it has more, including the info below in the popup box, and when I click to X out of the box, HP Client Manager shuts down! Any ideas???:

at HP.ProtectTools.DeviceAccessManager.BaseViewModel.Load()
at HP.ProtectTools.DeviceAccessManager.UserPage.OnLoaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.