Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion notebook 15-au183sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have tried to restore to factory settings from setting.system restore and it starts restoring.during the restore process it says reverting changes and then it says cannot restore your computer I click ok then it says no changes were made to your system
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
I have also tried from the recovery manager and it say the options are disable after windows update
HP Recommended

@Luqman89

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are unable to do the factory reset on your HP notebook.

I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Perform the windows update first.

• In Windows, search for and open Windows Update. The Windows Update menu opens.
  • If updates are available to download, click Install now.
  • If no updates are currently listed, click Check for updates, and then click Install now if Windows detects updates.

Follow the steps mentioned under installing updates using windows update in the article.

(Note: While installing the operating system, all data will be erased, please back up all personal files.)

Then try to perform the system recovery using HP Recovery manager.

If you unable to do the system recovery with recovery manager try to perform with recovery media. -- click here

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
In recovery manager the option to reset your computer is disabled due to windows update
HP Recommended

@Luqman89

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Please perform the system recovery with the recovery media.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.