Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook-CND5241520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Re HP Envy Notebook 2016 Windows 10 64 bit Creator Update April 2017

As soon as I did the latest Windows 10 (64 bit} Ver 1703 Build 16179.1000 called Creator Update, crazy things began to happen.

* Lost 0 key on notebook keyboard

*Lost Colon key on keyboard

* Lost Question Mark on keyboard

* Slow boot up

* Slow System performance on fast notebook HP Envy I7 16G Ram 1T hard drive

*WiFi connection acts up when first connecting

* Bluetooth not functioning now

No malware

No virus-Anti Virus working fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love this notebook . Smily Face.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jkokes2

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy laptop and post the Win10 creators update, are facing multiple issues with the laptop. I read that following issues the laptop is facing:

• The 0, Colon, Question mark keys no longer work.
  • The laptop boots up slowly.
  • The overall system performance is very slow.
  • WiFi connection acts up when first connecting
  • Bluetooth no longer works.

Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you.

I suggest you to perform the following steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

Let us run the hardware test on the keyboard and hard drive  to ensure there is no problem with them:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

List of the Component tests

• Select Component tests.
  • Please initiate a test on the Keyboard - Quick interactive functional test of the keys on the keyboard. Click Keyboard, then Run once.

The Keyboard Test time is 3 minutes. NOTE: Bluetooth devices are not supported via this test.

• Later you may initiate a test on the Hard drive.

If the hardware tests pass then I suggest you to perform the steps as describe din detail from this link to improve performance in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to go through these steps as of now and let us take the next course of action based on the results of these steps. Let me know what happens.

Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jkokes2

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Envy laptop and post the Win10 creators update, are facing multiple issues with the laptop. I read that following issues the laptop is facing:

• The 0, Colon, Question mark keys no longer work.
  • The laptop boots up slowly.
  • The overall system performance is very slow.
  • WiFi connection acts up when first connecting
  • Bluetooth no longer works.

Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you.

I suggest you to perform the following steps to troubleshoot and fix the issue:

Let us run the hardware test on the keyboard and hard drive  to ensure there is no problem with them:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

List of the Component tests

• Select Component tests.
  • Please initiate a test on the Keyboard - Quick interactive functional test of the keys on the keyboard. Click Keyboard, then Run once.

The Keyboard Test time is 3 minutes. NOTE: Bluetooth devices are not supported via this test.

• Later you may initiate a test on the Hard drive.

If the hardware tests pass then I suggest you to perform the steps as describe din detail from this link to improve performance in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to go through these steps as of now and let us take the next course of action based on the results of these steps. Let me know what happens.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for the great suggestion. Here is the following result---

Test Logs Report

* Keyboard Fail (Ran 3 times}

Following keys NOW do not work---Insrt key, 0 key on main keyboard, colon key, Ctrl key, fn key, Windows key, Alt key

*Touch Screen Fail (Ran 3 times } on "drag and drop" section

*USB Port Fail ( tested all ports 3 times }

Note I saved the "test logs" for reference

Please note that all these problems occured AFTER i did the latest Windows 10 Update called "Creator Update".

My hp Envoy notebook was work 100% OK before that.

Thank you MKazi for taking your time to help.

If you have any other suggestions, I would be most grateful. 

Spoiler

Note---I am unable to Rollback because Windows 10 is in command and says "not available"

HP Recommended

Hi @kokes2,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. As @MKazi is out of office for the day, I am replying on his behalf. Since all the diagnostics have failed it is a clear indication that the computer has a hardware issue and needs to be serviced by contacting HP phone support.

It is just a coincidence that windows 10 was updated and this happened after that. To contact Hp phone support please visit this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.