Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 X0J69UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion x360 notebook that i put Windows 7 on.  Everything looked good until i noticed that every time i restarted or shut down the maachine, it would BSOD.  I ran WhoCrashed and found the error was caused by the wd.sys (Microsoft Watchdog Timer Driver).  I uninstalled the driver and rebooted - no more BSOD, however, the driver came right back and next time i did a reboot, the BSOD was back.  I checked the driver version and it is the correct/up to date version for Win 7 (6.1.7600.16385), so since i can't remove or change the driver, i have no idea how to fix the issue.

On Wed 3/29/2017 8:43:21 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\032917-20498-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module:
wd.sys (wd+0x1A46)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88001DF4A46, 0xFFFFF880041BD878, 0xFFFFF880041BD0D0)
Error:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wd.sys
product:
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Microsoft Watchdog Timer Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Disabling the driver again resolved the issue, not sure why it didn't work the first time i disabled it but everything is all good now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Disabling the driver again resolved the issue, not sure why it didn't work the first time i disabled it but everything is all good now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.