Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360&
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently bought a HP ENVY X360 and it's really slow, it sometimes takes up to 15 minutes to start up, it freezes alot and sometimes the screeen goes black and i can only see the mouse...

What can i do to make it faster? and to stop it from freezing?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. I am sorry for the issues you experience with your new computer.

Let's try to find the culprit:

>> Using the UEFI option, test your computer for hardware failures - test RAM, test disk, system board. Here is how >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

Please, note the results and post them back.

>> Is Windows fully updated ? It may be downloading/installing updates in the background and this may cause some freezing.

Please, check it is fully updated. I am afraid that in Windows 10 there is no way to stop installing updates (stop auto updates) other than bringing the computer offline which is not an option.

>> Please, install HP Support Assistant (if not already installed). Check for updates in drivers. Here is how:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905

>> I need to know what software is installed on your machine and what runs with it.

Download Trend Micro's HiJackThis app:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Save and run the exe file.

1) Click on "Do a scan and save log file" button

After scan, if a log file pops up in Notepad - that is excellent. If not, choose "Save log" button and choose to save the log file somehwere

The log file - open it, choose "Select All" (CTR + A) , then copy it and paste it all here in your next reply.

2) Open HiJackThis app again - in the Main screen , choose "Open the Misc tools section"

Choose "Generate StartupList Log". The program will automatically open a Notepad windows filled with the Startup items from your computer. Copy and paste all the info and place it your next reply

3) Open HiJackThis app again - in the Main screen , choose "Open the Misc tools section".

Choose "Open Uninstall Manager" button. Choose "Save list" button and specify where you would like to save this log. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file.

Copy and paste all the info and place it your next reply

You can now close HiJackThis and delete it.

SUMMARY:

In your next reply, please provide resume of your hardware tests results

Windows Update status, HP Support assistant status

HiJackThis - 3 logs, pasted in your next replies

I will analyze the information and will guide you for next possible recommendations. 

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.