Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought Spectre 13, but after I use it 2 days, I found problem with the loading time of icon and File Explorer. The icon looks like missing. Sometimes the icons will appears normal, but takes time about 30 sec up to 1 minutes or need to re-open.

First, I thought the problem is come from the SSD, buat everything running well when I use Adobe Program like Photoshop, even rendering on Premier. So, I think the problem is not come from the SSD.

I've tried to reset the Windows, but after the Windows became fresh again, the problem is same. Even I haven't install another software, the icon looks like missing. When I check the Device Manager, all drivers is installed correctly without problem.

The file explorer sometimes slow too,

What do you think ?

Is other Spectre 13 user experienced same problem ?

Thanks

Here is the screenshot :

2017-03-07 (8).png

2017-03-07 (7).png

2017-03-07 (5).png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

• Try going into device manager and updating the graphics cards driver (right-click on them and search for more recent driver). See if it helps.
  • If it doesn't help uninstall the graphic card. Windows will automatically reinstall drivers when rebooted. Go to HP site and look for drivers for your Spectre 13 or post the exact model of your spectre and I will help you find the drivers.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

@iomare wrote:

Hi,

• Try going into device manager and updating the graphics cards driver (right-click on them and search for more recent driver). See if it helps.
  • If it doesn't help uninstall the graphic card. Windows will automatically reinstall drivers when rebooted. Go to HP site and look for drivers for your Spectre 13 or post the exact model of your spectre and I will help you find the drivers.

Let me know,

David

Hi David, thanks for the advice.

I've tried to update, but still no result.

Then, I uninstall the driver then reinstall it, but the problem still exist.

Don't know what happen to this PC.

I just want to make sure, is other HP Spectre 13 users have same experience like this ?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the links.

I will try and share the result.

HP Recommended

I've tried all of it. But it doesn't solved the problem.

I still try to figure what is the reason.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.