Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

17154309525854646733491565028682.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

When you write "stuck" do you mean the keyboard does not work and the display is stuck?

Do you mean it is in a loop and every time you try to do a startup repair you end up back in in that recovery menu?

Have you run diagnostics?
Tap the ESC key after powering on and press F2 to run diagnostics.
Do not allow attempt any repairs or updates if disk or memory fail, especially a BIOS update.

If you pass diagnostics and a startup repair fails then try that restore point option.  Press F10 (advanced options) and

BeemerBiker_0-1715434658717.png

This article may be helpful

HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10) | HP® Support

Please provide the Product ID or Model name for better assistance. Preferably the full product ID including the characters after the # symbol. This code may be needed to find cloud recovery files.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hello there, thanks for the prompt response, I mean, my PC is refusing to leave the recovery page no matter the many times I try to restart it. It keeps bringing the same page. When I press any of the options they've indicated, it still brings me back to the same page. I have tried running the diagnostics by pressing esp then F2,(I have run the quick test) but when it's done, it has still brought me to the same recovery page. 

Now it's telling me this (I've attached an image).

HP Recommended

As requested  my product number is: 4XJ59EA#BH5
and my System Board ID is 84A7 

Kindly regards. 

HP Recommended

IMG_20240511_213356.jpg

HP Recommended

According to the software list, windows 10 x64, you should have cloud recovery but the ID you gave was rejected

BeemerBiker_0-1715455867531.png

Please verify that 15-da0078nia and 4XJ59EA#BH5  are correct

I assume there is no cloud recovery which is suspicious.

Have you tried booting into windows safe mode?

Try safe mode and run Microsoft's system file checker "SFC"

Press F8 and then select item 6

SFC and DISM are both tools that scan and repair corrupted system files. However, SFC uses a cached version of the files, while DISM uses the internet to download and fix the files.

Try the SFC first and if that gives a message that it cannot fix the problem then try the DISM tool.
Click here for repair instructions.

Let me know if a problem as we can always to a "repair install" if there is no cloud recovery

========edit=======

According to the spec for the 15-da0078nia your 4XJ59EA#BH5 came with FreeDos, not windows

If that is the case there is no cloud recovery for windows.  See if you can run either of those SFC apps

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.