Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I bought my laptop it had windows 8 on it, but I upgraded to Windows 10 like an idiot. I had created system discs but they arent being read properly. So will a factory reset go back to windows 8, or windows 10. I really want to go back to windows 8.  Thanks in advance.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If what is meant by a "factory reset " is to run the Recovery media from HP, the it will return to Windows 8.

The " I had created system discs" are when the laptop was new and HP Recovery Manager made the disk set, then that would return it to windows 8, also.  Elaborate on the "they aren't being read properly." statement, please

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If what is meant by a "factory reset " is to run the Recovery media from HP, the it will return to Windows 8.

The " I had created system discs" are when the laptop was new and HP Recovery Manager made the disk set, then that would return it to windows 8, also.  Elaborate on the "they aren't being read properly." statement, please

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

For reasons I do not understand, several of the system discks appear empty when I insert them into the drive. And disc #1 is apparenly one of them. I can't remember how many discs I created. It has been a couple of years since I created them. I have moved as well, so it is resonably possible that it somehow was misplaced. Regardless, if a system reset will put it back to windows 8, I will do so this weekend, and create new system discs as well.

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

We have found via users that the Recovery Partition on the hard drive may not function after the upgrade to Windows 10.  Therefore it might be the Recovery disk set will need to be ordered.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

How much will the recovery disks cost me?

HP Recommended

Go to the support page http://support.hp.com/us-en

and put in the model number.  Then when the model support page comes go to the software and drivers page.  At the bottom catagory, it should list the media kit if it is available from HP.  If not then try Computer Surgeons

http://www.computersurgeons.com/

Put the model number in there.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.