Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

see next

HP Recommended

The 1st youtube link is for Windows 11. My computer has Windows 10. Is it the same for both 10 and 11?

See next

HP Recommended

I do have a Kingston Data Traveler G4 32 GB usb stick. It says 32GB on the casing but when I plug it in it says 30.979GB  Fat32 file system. Maybe when the windows recovery drive installation program erases the drive it will have the full 32 GB it's supposed to have. So far though, I downloaded the program from the Microsoft store, when I double click on it to get the cloud recovery tool I just get the symbol (see attached image) I tried cancelling it and starting again after it just seemed to hang for the first 10 minutes, but I tried again and so far it's been 2 hours and nothing has changed. 

MS store hangMS store hang

HP Recommended

The 32GB is the marketed size of the drive but after formatting, it is somewhat less -- but don't be concerned about the size, it is OK.

As to the Cloud Recovery, I do not use it as I make image backups that I can restore from if anything goes wrong.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.