Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillon 15 bc-nl009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning. I have this notebook for about one month and the problem is that it freezes at least one time a week. 

I do not know how I can solve the problem, it happens suddenly and also when I haven't too many processes activeted.
For example it freezes when I just have a browser opened. 

When note freezes I can't even use the task manager (ctrl+alt+canc), but I must push the reset button and stress the stopping of the system.

Why does it happen and how can I do to solve the problem?

Thank's to all and exuse for my english. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do not understand "When note freezes I can't even use the task manager (ctrl+alt+canc), but I must push the reset button and stress the stopping of the system." I have never heard of any of what you are trying to describe.

Hold down the Ctrl+Alt keys and tap the Del key to invoke the Task manager.

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to test your notebook..

With the AC power adapter conected to your notebook, Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the Esc key.

In the startup menu that appears, choose and press the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics utility and its menu.  Run the system test.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I mean that when pc freezes, if i push ctrl+alt+canc  it doesn't happen anything.  I can't invoke the task manager beacause pc freezed. 

"With the AC power adapter conected to your notebook, Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the Esc key." 

I must do this when pc is off  or on? 

HP Recommended

@Luisdcr wrote:

I mean that when pc freezes, if i push ctrl+alt+canc  it doesn't happen anything.  I can't invoke the task manager beacause pc freezed. 

"With the AC power adapter conected to your notebook, Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the Esc key." 

I must do this when pc is off  or on? 

There is no  " ctrl+alt+canc", as a possibility on any English language keyboard for a Windows PC I have ever seen.  It is Ctrl+Alt+Del. Del stands for delete. It is the key below the insert key.

Please read my previous post again a bit more carefully.

"

I must do this when pc is off  or on? "

We  always connect ac power adapters to notebooks to provide an external sorce of power and chartge the battery.

There is no other reason to use an ac power adapter except when running diagnostic tests.

With an ac power adapter connected as an external source of power which gets its power from household electrical power, the notebook will have an available power source other than the main battery.

HP does have forums in other major world languages if that will help you. On the bottom right-hand side of the HP Forum main page, there is a language selector dropdown which offers six languages. Choose one that will help you understand the communication between members of the forum and yourself..

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.