Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-DF0023CL

So, yesterday I was trying to install Android TV os on my laptop, and to do that I had to create a bootable USB, which I don't have, then, I just used Minitool Partition Wizard To Split The S: Partition Into Two, and it said it's currently in use, then it told me to restart, I did that, it did it's thing, and I waited for like 5 mins but it wasn't booting into windows, then I tried clicking esc while booting, it said esc... On the bottom left corner and stuck there, I booted again and clicked f10, it showed that and it's stuck and my bios menu didn't even come up, so I panicked, i booted into recovery mode, the cloud download didn't work, and I didn't have an iso in my hard drive so, I just went to boot from USB/DVD option and I clicked Hard Disk Drive Or Solid State Drive, it restarted and showed nothing, just went blank, and now, even when I restart it goes blank and just nothing works, now my problem is, even if I had an USB which I don't, how would I boot into it? I'm so stuck please help me and I would prefer not using a usb because it's expensive for me, thanks 🥹

Edit: I had also checked using Diskpart, and my SSD is 118 gb, so when I had checked, The 118 gb SSD partition was E: and I did dir, and my windows was in it, like the boot, users, windows. So, now I also can't use Diskpart because it's just blank and doesn't boot into recovery mode anymore ☠️

Edit: I bought a 32 gb Pendrive but how do I boot into it, when I just can't???

Note: I cannot open my laptop, it's blank screen, also, the android tv I mentioned is supposed to be run on laptops/computers and then HDMI them to tv. Also to make it clear, I hadn't even installed or ran android tv, my windows didn't boot up after I repartitioned the S: Drive Which was on The HDD and My Windows Was On SSD, it told me that S: was in use so it showed me to restart or cancel, I restarted and it didn't boot and then it started, I was just making a FAT32 out of my HDD it doesn't even relate to do with android tv, Also, Yes I Had Enabled Secure Boot Because Valorant Needs It

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry, but we do not provide support for any OS other than the one that comes preloaded.  When you tried to force Android OS onto your PC, you took over maintaining it yourself.

I only did a quick search -- but what I found says this OS only runs on TVs and digital media players -- which your laptop clearly is NOT.

And if your laptop came with Secure Boot enabled, it would not even SEE an external USB stick, let alone boot from it.

Your best bet, at this point, is to see if you can use the HP Cloud Recovery tool to restore your laptop back to its original condition:

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Windows and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

You will need a working PC and a 32GB USB stick to hold the recovery files. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtXOU40vxk

You use the Microsoft Store to download the actual tool:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9mtks9pr7r3n?rtc=1&hl=en-us&gl=us

If you use a different PC to run the tool, you will have to provide your PC's product number. Here is an HP link for finding that information:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16

Here's a video from HP Support about using the Cloud Recovery Tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7AwuKNJKS4

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Learn how to use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11. If you need to recover your HP notebook, the HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. YouTube Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:30 Prepare for the recovery 01:19 Download and install the HP Cloud ...
HP Recommended

I cannot open my laptop, it's blank screen, also, the android tv I mentioned is supposed to be run on laptops/computers and then HDMI them to tv. Also to make it clear, I hadn't even installed or ran android tv, my windows didn't boot up after I repartitioned the S: Drive Which was on The HDD and My Windows Was On SSD, it told me that S: was in use so it showed me to restart or cancel, I restarted and it didn't boot and then it started, I was just making a FAT32 out of my HDD it doesn't even relate to do with android tv, Also, Yes I Had Enabled Secure Boot Because Valorant Needs It

HP Recommended

OK, so maybe it's a translation issue, or maybe I don't understand what you're saying, but it sounds like you were trying to repartition a drive that was in use, and you can't do that.

If you want a working PC back, then you need to use another PC to make that USB stick and then go into the UEFI settings on your PC, remove Secure Boot, and boot from that USB stick.

If you can't do that, then you will need to take the laptop into a repair shop and see what they can do for you with the USB stick to install Windows.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.