Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-P114dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I got an HP Pavilion Laptop model 15p 114 dx. I bought it on Amazon. The machine at first when I tried to turn it off, it was on (as if I had sent it to sleep instead of shutting it down), after several attempts, the machine shut down but when trying to turn it on, I threw the error File: \ boot \ bcd \ Error code: 0x0000098 on blue screen and I recommended going to the diagnostics part of the machine (HP diagnostics). After seeing several options and as I have the data backed up, I went through the restore option without back up. The machine did not finish the job and gave me the blue screen message: Restoration Incomplete, with three options, save log, details or retry. In details, it exits at the beginning: P2PP BurnBoot Check Failed, and at the end says the report: sysprep was noy launched properly ..... the process will cause CTO panic because the image might not be normal. I deactivated the Safe Boot in the BIOS and then used the Boot menu to select the CD / DVD drive as the boot device. I used a W 7 OS Disk to try to install it on the machine, but screen stays "installing Windows" too long. I don'dt know waht else can I do.

Any ways, since I am trying to install it all again, I do not know if it will be possible to get a recovery disk since the machine does not bring it, nor does it bring the Windows 8 OS disk.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please see HP Support - Order software and driver media - USB-Windows 8.1 64-bit Recovery Kit to order a recovery kit. Prior to this issue you should have created your personal HP Recovery Media and there would be no need to order it.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.