Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f272wm
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello forum, thank you for taking the time to answer my qyestion.  Can someone please provide a link to the windows 7 drivers for the HP 15-F272WM.  It will be greatly appreciated. 

I need all the drivers.  I thought I had found the correct chipset driver, but when I attempt to install it, I get a msg that the system does not meet min requirements.  IS there a particular order these drivers must be isntalled in? 

Thank you in advance!

JP

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

xshellacx

Your PC came preinstalled with Win10, meaning it has NEW hardware -- for which there are no Win7 drivers.

Laptops especially contain specialized hardware for which, for full functionality, specialized drivers are required -- and these come ONLY from the OEM, in this case, HP. Your PC came preinstalled with Windows 10. If you remove or overwrite the original Win10 on your PC with Win 7, you are going to encounter serious problems as there are no HP Win7 drivers for the new hardware that comes with new machines.  

MS supplies drivers that provide only basic functionality.  This means that some of the hardware functionality is likely NOT to work if you force a downgrade.  That includes functions like the touchpad, WiFi, swtichable graphics, USB ports -- to name the functions commonly reported here.

If you want full functionality for the machine, you need to retain its original preinstalled OS version.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if these drivers work...

Chipset:  2nd driver down on the left is the auto install file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?pr...

Graphics:  See if this one works...

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5449369&swItemId=ob_132253_1&swEnvOid=405...

USB3:  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24503/USB-3-0-Intel-USB-3-0-Device-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

Wireless:

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72932.exe

Ethernet:

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71268.exe

Card reader:

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

File name: sp71266.exe

HP Recommended

helped alot still have 1 unkown pci device left any pointers?

HP Recommended

Try this card reader driver...

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69619.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.