Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Administrator password incorrect too many times. Gave me the code 59188765. Help!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try: 46880361

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try: 46880361

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
Thank you. It worked perfectly. I just got this laptop from a pawn shop and the guy could never get into it. I am still having trouble myself. There is a user signed in and I don't know his password so I'm kind of stuck. I know you can hold f11 while the laptop is starting up to bring up the reboot menu, but the admin password is preventing me from doing so. The store owner said he got to that menu once and tried to factory reset it and it said to free up some space before it could finish? I'm not sure how to fix these issues. Any suggestions?
HP Recommended
Hi,

Not sure why you're getting like that.

After administrator password is bypassed, you can tap away f11 as soon you power on notebook and do factory reset.

This would work only if this laptop has built in recovery partition that has not been corrupted.
Else, you've to get recovery USB/discs to do factory reset.

Again recovery process will be successful only if there is no hard drive failure, so test your hard drive by tapping f2 key as soon as you power on notebook.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
I tried everything I could think of on top of the info you gave me. It keeps saying "Additional free space is needed on the drive where windows is installed. Free up some space and try again." Should I just purchase a master reset flash drive or is there a way to do it on the laptop?
HP Recommended
I ran diagnostics and everything passed.
HP Recommended

What is the full model name, product number of your laptop?

You can alternatively try clean installation of operating system using Microsoft windows media creation tool creating bootable installation USB.

HP Recommended
Model 14-an012nr

Product ID W2M55UA#ABA
HP Recommended
Hi,

Well your notebook specification says it comes with 32GB capacity eMMC storage.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05201404

This is the lowest storage capacity machine in which Windows 10 64 bit can ever come pre installed. Pity that manufacturers are making these type of very low end notebooks that lead to problems like you're facing.

This may be the reason for recovery failing. It needs space to install factory configuration.

You can try Clean install of Windows 10 Home using Microsoft windows media creation tool by creating bootable installation USB.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

It'll automatically get activated on installation while connected to internet.

Additional drivers from here:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-14-Notebook-PC-series/10862293/model/11992110

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended
Thanks that helped a lot!! I finally got into it and found out the battery is completely fried.

The issue I'm having now is trying to find a replacement battery. I've searched with every model number, serial number, etc. etc. Nothing is bringing up results for this specific laptop. Any idea how I can find a battery that will fit my computer? Thanks much.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.