Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion au071sa notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my laptop a few days over a month ago and every once in a while it freezes and becomes unresponsive, I end up having to power off by holding the power button down and starting it again.  Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent this ? I am a bit scared because my desktop computer a few years back had the same problem after getting it fixed and eventually stopped working.

(Additional note)- I took the wireless mouse from that (^) desktop and used it on this laptop around the first week and I think thats when It first happened (since got rid of it but it's still been happening) , might have nothing to do with it though.

WHat should I do ??

Thanks in advance !

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Craftmole7 wrote:

(Additional note)- I took the wireless mouse from that (^) desktop and used it on this laptop around the first week and I think thats when It first happened (since got rid of it but it's still been happening) , might have nothing to do with it though.

WHat should I do ??

Hello @Craftmole7

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

If you believe it might be connected to the wireless mouse, please disconnect it, unplug it from the PC and begin using a normal cable/wired mouse like this one >here<

Perform some basic hardware checks

1. Please,  shutdown/turn off  the computer

2. Power it back on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, even before the HP logo appears, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check.

Let me know the test results and provide details.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.