Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 17-2100eo
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to make a clean installation of Windows 7 Professional on this computer.

Have done this steps:

- Startup from Windows CD

- Advanced installation

- Remove all partions on the disk

- Format the disk

- Create a partion and format that

- Start the installation

After some time the computer restarts an a got an error message (translated from swedish)

" det gick inte att konfigurera windows så att det kan köras på maskinvaran i den här datorn"

"It is not possible to configur Windows to run on the hardware in this computer"

Anyone that has seen this before and have a solution of what to try?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,

Hope you followed this useful
Microsoft article related to this error: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2466753/-windows-setup-could-not-configure-windows-on-this-...

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Hi, @LongJohn56 :

See if this works...I have zipped up and attached the storage controller drivers for your model notebook below.

Download and unzip the files I attached.

Extract (copy) the files onto a usb flash drive without the folder.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media in the PC, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts, and hopefully W7 will complete the installation process.

HP Recommended

After trying to install the alternated drive rutin I direct got a message that Windows cant install on thiis drive so it did not work, good try. I will search futher on and post if I found something.

HP Recommended

I'll also suggest you to perform extensive hard drive testing by tapping F2 key as soon as you power on laptop. Let it finish.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.