Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This could be because of the driver conflict, we will have to go ahead and update the drivers that should fix the issue. You can try updating the driver mentioned below.

Step 1:

Click on the link below and update the chipset driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72311.exe

Step 2: 

Restart the notebook.

Step 3: Try putting the notebook to sleep and try to wake from sleep.

Issue should be resolved.

Regards,

Nandini R Aradhya

Regards;
Nandini
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Nope, that was a bad idea- no if it goes to sleep onit's own, back to can't wake it up.  Will still wake up if I put it to sleep.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the steps below and check if it is working. 

( **** For AMD Chipsets, Just Uninstall the AMD Catalyst Software, and install the latest AMD Catalyst Driver using the AMD Auto detect tool : Auto Detect Tool  *** * )

1. Download version 9.5 of the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.

2.  Download the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package

(http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab).

3.   Change the Windows Update Service setting from Automatic (Delayed Start) to Manual.

• Win  Key + R, type in Services.msc  and press Enter
    • Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to bring up its properties.
    • Click Stop to stop the service from running.
    • Change the Startup Type to Manual and click OK.

4.  Install version 9.5 Intel MEI ( Downloaded in Step 2).  If you receive a dialog warning about replacing a newer version       of the software, accept it.

• NOTE: You do  NOT need to uninstall version 11 before installing version 9.5.  The presence of some version of the driver is required in order to "upgrade" (or in this case downgrade) it.
    • Ignore the error message that you may get while installing the MEI driver.
    • And after installation, confirm the Intel MEI Driver version from Device manager > System Devices > Intel Management Engine Interface > Driver >  It should be Ver. 9.5

5.    Run the Windows 10 "Show or Hide Updates" Troubleshooter Package ( Downloaded in Step 2) and hide updates for          the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver.  (Doing so will block the system from automatically

reinstalling or showing updates for version 11 of the driver.)

6.    Change the Windows Update Services setting from Manual back to Automatic (Delayed Start).

7.     Restart the computer.

NOTE : 

While installing Intel MEI ver 9.5 (as mentioned in the trail mail), if you get an Error “Your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements” ,Then Install Intel MEI ver 10 using the link given below:

Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24499/Intel-ME-10-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

I am an HP employee.

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

uninstall the graphic drivers

Install the latest version on grahic drivers from HP website

uninstall the energy star app from control panel

In the power options -> Choose what the power buttons do-> Uncheck the Fast boot

I am an HP employee. The opinion expressed here are my personal opinions not of HP.
HP Recommended

I did all you said in your reply for this. and now although my notepad comes on quicker I have nothings showing on my desktop and although I can see the app and files in the start menu nothing will open, and the blue circle is constantly going round in the middle 

HP Recommended

The second link that you gave for version 10 for the MEI file is now version 11.  The link for 9.5 gave me the "system does not meet the requirements" error.

Is version 10 gone for good?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.