Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm just wondering why my new Envy x360 is still in "Processing" after 5 days? When I know it doesn't take that long to test. I also know that by 4:00PM EST it is 4:00-5:00AM the next day in most of China. The only change to the standard build is the UHD display. Since the display is the only real possible change to the standard config then there should be some already built like that. Also since I didn't have any software/services added it should be just off the shelf. F.Y.I. IT support and services is what I do for a living and am employed by a HP Partner.

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop (15.6")
  • HP ENVY x360 - 15t Touch Laptop
  • 1TB 7200 rpm SATA+ 128GB M.2 SSD
  • Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
  • Security Software Trial
  • 16GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8GB)
  • Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
  • Office Software Trial
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 15.6" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160) Touchscreen (for HD Camera)
  • HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone
  • 4-cell 55.67 WHr Lithium-ion Battery
  • Intel® Core™ i7-6560U (2.2 GHz, up to 3.2 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores) + Intel® Iris™ Graphics 540
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So these things really are CTO's. In that they use the same internal hardware for several models. Which I completly understand. There really needs to be some pre-built reserves for the few models that only have one configurable piece of hardware especially the screen. But here is the real kicker. Some models only have one or two configurable options where the others have four or more.

So this is why they call the ones that only have one configurable option a CTO. They rely on the same hardware reserves as several models.

What this does in the end is save then a couple of dollars and forces their customers to wait longer than needed because they didn't put the customer first.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

Any HP computer that ends in a "t" is a CTO Intel machine. This means it is a configured-to-order computer built from the ground up. Since this is a ground up build, it could take as many as several weeks before it is complete plus shipping time before it gets to you.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

While I understand it is technically it is a CTO because of the "t". It actually isn't a CTO even if HP wants it to be that way so they can take 2 weeks to estimate the "build". LOL 

Go directly to this page then click on Customize & buy. You have only 3 physical configurations available. Nothing else can be changed in the device's physical configuration.

• 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen (for HD Camera)
  • 15.6" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160) Touchscreen (for HD Camera)
  • 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen (for IR Camera)

The only things you can add/change are services and software. Which means "ding" "ding" "ding" that these are done after build.

Now in the customer's best interest (I know a foreign concept in today's world) it would be best to have a sizeable amount of these pre-built. 

Now if the cpu, hard drive, ram, wifi or anything else was customer configurable then I would completly understand the CTO designation. But since the only thing can possibly be changed is the screen then the CTO designation is BS.

HP Recommended

So these things really are CTO's. In that they use the same internal hardware for several models. Which I completly understand. There really needs to be some pre-built reserves for the few models that only have one configurable piece of hardware especially the screen. But here is the real kicker. Some models only have one or two configurable options where the others have four or more.

So this is why they call the ones that only have one configurable option a CTO. They rely on the same hardware reserves as several models.

What this does in the end is save then a couple of dollars and forces their customers to wait longer than needed because they didn't put the customer first.

HP Recommended

It's on its way now.

Shipped via FedEx out of CHONGQING CITY, CN with a scheduled delivery of 7/15/16. I hope sooner. Which is earlier than original. But still slower than it should be. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.