Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PROBOOK 450 G3

HI,

after replacing the mother board of a probook 450 G3, i need the "feature byte" to complete the tatooing of it please.

where can i find it; it's not written on any stickers of the laptop.

Thank you very much for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

From where did you buy this?

If you can get the purchase invoice receipt, product details would be that.

With this, contact HP to tattoo the BIOS chip of new board.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I'm the computer technician of the official HP global reseller in my country.

Hp send us the motherboard under warranty for the laptop of a customer.

I have contacted the hp support in parallel of this post but not received any answer yet.

HP Recommended

Well I think your best shot was contacting HP technical support directly. May be you've to wait for them, to get to you back.

Nevertheless I would try to escalate this to HP internals.

Keep an eye over this thread.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.