Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I'm using HP Pavilion g6-1190st Os : win7-64bit Home Premium I can't see uefi options any tab in the bios menu. update bios version F.66 but its not work. What can ı do ?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @Lfbr,

Good Day! 🙂 Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community. I read your post regarding missing UEFI interface and you are looking for assistance in this regard. It will be a delight to work with you. 🙂

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart research before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 It is a privilege to work with tech-savvy and technically competent customers like you and we greatly value your business with HP. It is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

Have you tried to access the F2 key at startup to check if it takes you to the UEFI environment?

Please perform a hard reset first frim this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Then as soon as you power on the computer, keep tapping the “ESC” key gently several times.

It takes you to the startup menu. Here Press F2 to go to the UEFI diagnostics screen. If it is not available, then please download the UEFI diagnostics tool from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5082224/model/5116...

Click on the Diagnostic option below bios tools.

Then select the latest HP UEFI Support Environment  5.3.1.0  6.8 MB Aug 16, 2013, from this link and download and install it on your compute to resolve the issue. Please check by pressing F2 as soon as you power on the computer to access the UEFI screen.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can access UEFİ diagnostics system. its not the problem. There isn't  any uefi options in bios menu. Normally UEFİ options below the system configuration tab. I saw it in some videos. ı try upgrade and downgrage but its not work. 

If you want ı can take picture of bios. And thank you for reply. 

edit: 

[Personal Information Removed]

Bios 2 

Bios 3 

Bios 4 

Bios 5

Bios 6

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, request you to provide the picture of the BIOS so that I can let you know if the BIOS is already updated with UEFI BIOS or not. 

Request you to let me know what setting are you looking for in BIOS, as our BIOS will have limited options compared to assembled computers. This is done to safeguard the components of the computer. 

Hope this answered your concern. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My current bios version F.66 rev. 3.5 .  but the same as the pictures . I'm looking for uefi options. Like this (this picture is not my computer. But same model(pavillon g6)) I can try install UEFI Windows 10 .

[Personal Information Removed]

Bios 2 

Bios 3 

Bios 4 

Bios 5

Bios 6

Thank you for reply. 

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and the pictures, the latest version of BIOS available for your computer is F.66 on our website, whereas the version installed on the computer is F.24

Request you to update the BIOS of your computer and see if it makes any different, based on the pictures you have provided, I see you have all the available options meant/available for your computer. 

Hope this was helpful. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm upgrade but nothing changed. But wait ı will take pictures again

HP Recommended

Sure, do let me know, thanks for the reply. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I update pictures. Everything is the same. 

Bios 1 

Bios 2 

Bios 3 

Bios 4 

Bios 5 

Bios 6 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, this clearly indicates that you have the latest BIOS meant for the computer and this is how it would look and provide the options meant/available for the computer. 

Hope this answered your concern. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.