Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-n152sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

In Windows update I have the AU 1607 update waiting to be installed, so I presume this has already downloaded .. 

When this does update will I need to run the fix for HP Recovery Manager as shown here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04876361

Or, as this is a pre installed Windows 10 notebook, NOT upgraded will it be OK?

STuart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @StuartTunstall,

Thank you for your query.  I am glad to be of assistance.

You are inquiring to determine if you need to install an update to the Recovery Manager as Windows 10 came preinstalled. Here is a link to HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) that will address that concern.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have now updated to AU 1607 update for WIndows 10 ... Do I need to install this update for the Recovery Manager now?

Anyone help?

🙂

Stuart

HP Recommended

Hi @StuartTunstall,

Thank you for your query.  I am glad to be of assistance.

You are inquiring to determine if you need to install an update to the Recovery Manager as Windows 10 came preinstalled. Here is a link to HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) that will address that concern.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.