Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-ay101nj
FreeDOS

I need to mention that this pc is new-he just not exsit in HP's site( See my last Question)

I am trying to load a linux live on my PC from USB(Also tried fro DVD), and I stucked with errors.

My notebook came with freedos2.0 and I installed win10 from Disc(!) like I supposed to.. (The win 10 works fine!)

1. Maybe I needed to delete something after the installation?

Know I am seeing that there is 3 partitions that I am not using: HPDOCS , HP_TOOLS, BUILDPART.

2. Maybe one of this partion is cousing the problem to the errors?

3. Maybe the FreeDOS2.0 ??

4. What's is the purpose of the partitions?

*I have another idea about the fact that at the BIOS its written "factory o.s: non-windows"

*And also when I turned Lagcy mode off-the BIOS told me that the HDD mising OS..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As I said, UEFI poses special problems with Linux OSs -- and that includes booting from a USB stick containing a Linux OS.

You need to read through the link I sent you about UEFI and Linux -- and see what needs to be done for your PC to recognize the contents of the USB stick.

I could very well be that the USB stick you have was NOT created with UEFI in mind.

When I use RUFUS (a Windows utility) to create a bootable USB stick, one of the options is whether or not to configure it to work on UEFI-based PCs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

omerbens

Your PC most likely came with UEFI instead of BIOS, and in that case, it also probably had secure boot enabled, as well.

This is not a Linux support forum, and UEFI poses special problems for Linux distros:  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295

If you need help with Linux stuff, you really need to go to the support forums for the Linux distro you are trying to use.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

but right now i have a bois...

How I can solve this problem??

I turned off the lagcy boot and the UEFI didnt recognize my SSD and its wrote that there is no OS installed on the hard drive.

So  I think that the pc didnt come with UEFI

HP Recommended

As I said, UEFI poses special problems with Linux OSs -- and that includes booting from a USB stick containing a Linux OS.

You need to read through the link I sent you about UEFI and Linux -- and see what needs to be done for your PC to recognize the contents of the USB stick.

I could very well be that the USB stick you have was NOT created with UEFI in mind.

When I use RUFUS (a Windows utility) to create a bootable USB stick, one of the options is whether or not to configure it to work on UEFI-based PCs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.