Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hqdefault.jpg

My Probook 4530s BIOS not ACPI compliant and failed to read BIOS file update via USB BIOS recovery!

1- I have tried Booting Windows repair but unfortunately, it can't even be loaded to enter the Prompt Command and Fixing the MBR & rebuildBCD! (Failed to boot any windows repair drivers either via USB or DVD).

hqdefault (1).jpg

2- I have tried to do hard rest for BIOS via Shutting down the laptop and pressing Windows sign and B keys but I have a black screen and CAPS LOCK kept of flashing repeatedly without any pausing!

3- I have tried to load HP_BIOS_Tools recovery USB to update or recover BIOS from dos and still can't read the files from the USB and when I enter the BIOS recovery it terminates the restart!

I am lost and don't know what else would I try!

Helpppppppppppppppppp

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi

There are 3 BIOS options for your device as far as I can determine.

2 seem more relevant than the third.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

system software Manager Icon

F.65 Rev.A 7.7 MB Feb 22, 2018

HP System BIOS Update

system software Manager Icon
F.07 5.5 MB Apr 21, 2011

So which one have you got? 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Lil_Boy_Blue, but the thing that I already reset the BIOS from the DOS to default and factory reset and still nothing solved and I even tried to do a USB_BIOS_Drive with different versions but my Probook failed to read the BIOS file!

HP Recommended

Hi

I now realise I am going to get egg on my face....

WinKey + B usually finds a backup copy on the HDD and utilises that AFAIK.

Not ACPI compliant? Is it an ARM chipset (yeah I know I should know).

Is it W10 S and not the regular W10 home like I have?

I am pretty stumped, usually I recommend a Linux to test the boot process etc, but that does seem inappropriate.

Sorry, but I will still try and engage brain on this matter.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply mate and don't worry no one will through an egg on your face 😄 hahah

I just tried that one as well and whenever I click WINkey+B with power button I have the CapsLock keep on blinking and never stop and a black screen show up and the fan starts to accelerate but without anything to pop-up!

I have Windows 7 64 bit but I don't know about the ARM chipset!

I am totally LOST! HELPPPPPPP

HP Recommended

Well I do not fully understand the state of the PC.

If it would boot a DVD/USB and you could make either one, then...

https://lubuntu.net/downloads/  and make a bootable device.

HP Recommended

It restarts everytime it try to boot a windows DVD! and it is a Laptop HP Probook 4530s

HP Recommended

@Sisco700 wrote:

It restarts everytime it try to boot a windows DVD! and it is a Laptop HP Probook 4530s

Are you the original owner?

Was this laptop ever serviced?

HP Recommended

Yes, I am the owner n yes it was at the service center long time ago .. only once 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.