Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavillion g6 -2302ax
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Previously i had graphic driver issue but 1 good guy help me out here after few weeks issue is back.i decided to do mir i have 2 questions.1 is it gonna format my other partions or just c.2 am i m gonna need recovery partition/media for mir?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
True HP recovery media can't be downloaded, it must be created specifically for your machine based on serial number

HP may be able to supply these depending on the age of the machine, they only hold the media on file for a certain time

You can find contact details here:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Both the system recovery and the minimised image recovery will clear all data from all partitions on the hard drive, the only difference is the minimised recovery does not install the additional applications that come with your computer
HP Recommended
Do i need recovery partition/media for mir?
HP Recommended
yes, you'll need either the partition in place or the media, if you don't have the partition then when you use the media it will reinstate the recovery partition
HP Recommended
Thats the problem i dont have any of those.anywhere i can download from?
HP Recommended
True HP recovery media can't be downloaded, it must be created specifically for your machine based on serial number

HP may be able to supply these depending on the age of the machine, they only hold the media on file for a certain time

You can find contact details here:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html
HP Recommended
NB: please be aware that HP normally charge for supplying recovery media
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.