Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Customer Service of HP I want to inform you about all your tips about making the Recovery partition as active is not working at all. I have changed as active and nothing. Is there anything else that I can do

I have pavilion dv9819wm with vista home premium. I've format drive C with windows 7 and now the F11 is not starting the recovery partition. I tried also with the makeing the recovery partition active and still nothing.

I download recovery partition software from official HP site and still nothing. The instalation is starting but at one point of the instalation it says "The recovery manager setup has stop working" and there is no solution online.

Please if you can help me to get my original software.

Thankking you in advanced

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

sounds like you need to order a set of recovery disks from hp, you can usually find them online at www.hp.com/support

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
HP Recommended

If you have a working Recovery partition and have set it as active partition but it still not work then your BIOS setting have been overided. BIOS loader may one of the problem.

If you knew how to use the BIOS loader you should knew how to uninstall it. The trick is working fine if you knew how to uninstall the BIOS loader.

or as posted above, buy HP recovery disks.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

I would call HP because it seems this site is does not have highly trained HP engineers monitoring it, although there are many people with lots of experience (not me sadly) who try and help, if you are like me you end up getting lost.

You need someone to talk you through each step to reolve your issue.

Good Luck 

HP Recommended

@Peterv37,

You are right about it, this is HP community forum, P2P support, very useful for the one that out of warranty. If you need professional help, go call HP, hopefully you are still under warranty if you were not, you need to pay for it.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Recovery Manager Installer Patch for Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade

Download that file for your notebook, but I notice that your HP did not support Win 7. So I guess you can try this one.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-77258-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&...

HP Recommended

@nikshaj

When you mark the partition as Active and reboot the laptop_do not press F11, let it proceed on it's own. If that is how you are doing it and it still fails, you have two options.

Try the Patch posted above by vidl68.If it still fails, order your Recovery Disk set from your models page HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

i am facing the same issue i am unable to access the recovery manager with F11, how ever i do have the recovery partition on my laptop and i didn't format it from the day i bought it. plus i do have the recovery discs(which i took backup the day i got my laptop)

my question is how to access recovery partition via F11 and is this possible to bring back the F11 function back from the recovery disks?

you can see the snapshot

recovery partition.jpg

HP Recommended

After trying everything you wrote and of course neither worked for me 🙂 The 1 click restoration became a real nightmare but after one day of trying I succeseded 🙂

In my final desperation luckily I found a workaround 🙂

My situation:

- make a rescue disc with Paragon Backup & Recovery (Advanced) Free Edition - actually I made it with a pendrive

- boot the laptop with this "disc"

- there is an option (the fourth in my version) to search for possible operating systems on the laptop

- this found my installed Win7 on my drive C and the Vista recovery partition on drive D

- select the vista recovery partition to boot and halelujah 🙂

I hope this will help you too!

HP Recommended

in the software there is not option for rescue disk options available

create new partition

resize partition

copy partition

delete partition

so how how can i make rescue disk by using usb ? or r u talking abt boot able usb ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.