Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello

It is asking for Activation key

Please advice what to do
(Recovery Cds are obtained by hp only
I do have a set of 4 cds
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Minkeshgarg,

Allow me to welcome you to the HP community. A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding the installation of recovery media. It will be a delight to help you. 🙂

Spectacular troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the computer with the operating system originally installed.
  • What is the exact error message that you see on the computer?
  • Regarding the activation code, does it ask you for it after logging onto windows?

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi my
Model# G6-2226TU
Product# C9L65PA#ACJ
OS- Windows 8.0

I have installed windows by recovery cd at final stage it is asking Recovery Attampt has been failed.

Where I search your post and found that need to get recovery from your website in seperate USB or CD

I did the same and it get me downloaded windows 8.1

Further I installed it and it is asking an Activation Key

Please assist.
HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for your reply

Below are the details:
Model# G6-2226TU
Product# C9L65PA#ACJ
OS- Windows 8.0

I have installed windows by recovery cd at final stage it is asking Recovery Attampt has been failed.

Where I search your post and found that need to get recovery from your website in seperate USB or CD

I did the same and it get me downloaded windows 8.1

Further I installed it and it is asking an Activation Key

Please assist.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.