Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G72-c55DX Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Laptop crashed after installing windows X. Couldn't even go back to factory settings, all data lost. Installed windows 7 again but my laptop seems to be missing several drivers. There are no options for vga adapters in my hardware profiles to even access. The machine is only good for surfing the internet now. Any game i attempt to play causes my processor to overheat and shut down.  Bought this laptop when it was new and I know what it's capable of, but now it's just a shell of it's former self.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs for that model, your notebook comes with W7 64 bit, but you stated you are running W7 32 bit.

I don't believe there are 32 bit graphics drivers for your notebook, so see if this 32 bit graphics driver from a business notebook works...

This package provides the Intel Video Driver and Control Panel for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47229.exe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs for that model, your notebook comes with W7 64 bit, but you stated you are running W7 32 bit.

I don't believe there are 32 bit graphics drivers for your notebook, so see if this 32 bit graphics driver from a business notebook works...

This package provides the Intel Video Driver and Control Panel for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47229.exe

HP Recommended

This computer does not meet the minimal requirements to install this progam.

HP Recommended

Thank you, the files did seem to make my laptop run a little cooler than it was before.  Haven't tried running any of the more demanding games yet.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Display adapters device category.

If you see a standard VGA adapter listed there, you still need a graphics driver as the one I provided did not work.

Otherwise you should see an Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

And you are sure you are running W7 32 bit?

The 32 bit graphics drivers won't work on a 64 bit operating system or visa versa.

HP Recommended

I don't see any vga adapters listed and yet i remember having a radeon ati card installed before. no results when i run dxdiag either. just know that my windows 7 version is on a cd.

HP Recommended

double checking my oem in computer props windows 7 32 bit is listed. my graphics card is nowhere to be found in the device manager list. just intel hd graphics is listed. went to the amd autodetect site no luck either

HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it only comes with the Intel HD graphics, and since you see the Intel HD graphics listed, the 32 bit graphics driver I posted did work, and you are good to go.

Look under the Video Graphics spec.  Intel only, no AMD.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-G72-c00-Notebook-PC-series/4346345/model/5051470/document/c02...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.