Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY dv7-7223cl Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

.I need the recovery disks or a download for them for my 

HP ENVY dv7-7223cl Notebook PC

On boot up, it says, Preparing Automatic Repair, then Diagnosing your PC, then Attempting repairs, then a screen that says "automatic repair couldn't repair your PC."  Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\logviles\srt\srtTrail.txt

I am given 2 options 1-Shut Down 2-Advanced Options.

In Advanced Options there are 4 options.

1-Continue. Exit and continue to Windows 8.1

2-Use a device. Use a USB drive, network connection, or Windows Recovery DVD

3-Troubleshoot. Refresh or reset your PC or use advanced tools.

4-Turn Off PC

Selecting option 1 restarts the whole process.  2-gives me 3 options, use a USB Drive, A DVD, or the hard drive.  Not haveing the other 2 I choose the hard drive.  This restarts the whole process. and 3- troubleshoot Gives 3 more options. 1 Refresh PC, requires CD. 2-reset PC Requires CD and Advanced Options.  ANYWAY....  I have tried all options to no avail.  All require the recovery CD.  In the past, with other products I was able to go to hp.com, support, software downloads and get the software online.  Where have these links gone and where can I get the software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you did not make your Recovery Media  you will need to call HP support to order. >>Contact HP

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you did not make your Recovery Media  you will need to call HP support to order. >>Contact HP

HP Recommended

Thank You!  I made the disks, I just can not locate them.  Why don't the do the download links anymore?  It was much easier!!

HP Recommended

I have never seen Recovery Media or Windows Operating System downloads at HP. They do offer software/drivers for machines but that is the limit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.