Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi all

I received today my new HP ENVY 17-J010EL.

The recovery partition IS present [RECOVERY D:], but seem not recognized.

HP Recovery Manager say: "Recovery Partition has been removed - The Recovery Media creation option is no longer available".

I touched nothing inside RECOVERY 😧

Immagine 1.jpg

Immagine 2.jpg

Is there a way to solve it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Once unit is powered on keep tapping F11 if unit does not load to Recovery partition it is gone bad.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi

You may try this option given below in case this does not work i would request you to call HP technical support and order for a recovery disc or you may also click on the linnk given below to order the disc online.

Activate Recovery partition

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (
without pressing F11).

Looking for Recovery Discs

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi!

unfortunately, something is going wrong.

I see the Recovey partition listed twice. Furthermore, when I right-click I only see "Help".

Immagine 3.jpg

Immagine 4.jpg

I tried the link for requesting a new disk but since I live in Italy maybe I have to search for HP in my counry.

Any idea about what happened to my Recovery partition? :indifferent:

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi

Once unit is powered on keep tapping F11 if unit does not load to Recovery partition it is gone bad.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi

no luck. I will contact local HP.

Just an off-topic question: where is located my Windows product key? I mean: I suppose that is hard coded somewhere but in Recovery partton...?

In case I purchase a new Recovery Disk, I can activate my Windows anyway?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi

HP uses OEM Disc hence product key is in built on the disc itself and will be pre-installed on your unit you dont have to worry about the activation.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi

sorry, your reply is not clear for me. You mean that if I order a new Recovery DVD the DVD itself is unique and related to my own machine s/n?

HP Recommended

Hi

I solved by calling HP support.

They promised to send me a new Recovery media asap because they accepted the issue as warranty covered (my machine is 48 hours old!).

Please, another question: once I receive the Recovery media, can I safely delete the built-in Recovery partition?

Thank you

C

HP Recommended

Yes DVD are unique only for your unit only and does not require the key.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

I tried it , but somehow by right clicking on that partition , it is giving only 'help' option , nothing else.
can i do something about it ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.