Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and since then am unable to download pictures to my laptop (something I need and do all the time).  My computer doesn't even recognize that I've put an SD card into it - no noise, no pop-ups, nothing.  I also tried to plug my camera directly into the computer and go that route, but it won't work that way either.  The SD card in the camera definitely has pictures on it, but it says the "folder is empty."  This is a function that I love, need, and greatly miss.  I did check to see if there were any software or driver updates available for my laptop on your support site, but Windows 10 isn't even an option in the operating system version drop-down...  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think most of the g6's have the Realtek card reader.

Try the W10 card reader driver directly from Realtek.  First driver on the list...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

I think most of the g6's have the Realtek card reader.

Try the W10 card reader driver directly from Realtek.  First driver on the list...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

HP Recommended

Thank you!  You're my favorite person today!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I downloaded the first one and then it just showed a zip file in my menu.  What do I do now?  I am not computer savy at all.  

HP Recommended

Hi:

Right click on the file and select extract all from the menu.

Then click on the unzipped folder, find and run the setup.exe file.

HP Recommended

after i installed it and read the readme, i don't know what else to do 

HP Recommended

Hope you've found the solution now, but just in case, I had same problem unzipped the file, ran setup clicked finish. Inserted my card and nothing. So rebooted and inserted the card again and now it reads it.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the instruction. I did it ^_^

HP Recommended

Thanks, your suggestion worked for me too.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.