03-28-2012 08:16 AM
My notebook is a Pavilion dv3. Unable to start up. Words appear on screen is " The Smart Hard Disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure not disk loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics.For more information, please visit, www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup
Smart Check : Failed
Failure ID : 6AKXSC-5M262L-XD6U3F-60FB03
Product ID : XR659PA#AB4
Hard Disk 1
03-28-2012 08:26 AM
The failure ID will either be a Smart or Disk Self Test failure - both would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced.
If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
03-29-2012 02:28 PM
ok..I am out of warranty but I am having the same problem...and when i try to system diagnostics during startup...it fails....and it says i have to previously stored restore point..how can i reset settings to factory settings
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)