Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 13

When I turn on my HP it goes straight to the startup screen like normal.But before on the startup HP logo screen there was a loading sign now there's not.And after the startup screen the screen goes blank,turns itself off,turns itself back on then does the whole thing again.Ive tried troubleshooting,restarting nothing's working.Do I really have to go to a place to get a repair or can I please just fix it myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JennyB11,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. The recovery partition is corrupted and you will need to order recovery media to re-image the computer to factory settings.

I looked up the product specifications of the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-13-c100-Notebook-PC/8499341/document/c04936082 and it came with Windows 10  64 bit preinstalled on it.

so I will send you a link to order the USB recovery media for the computer online: http://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/HP-Stream-13-c100-Notebook-PC/8499341/model/8961285/softwarei...

Please type the serial# of the unit and follow the on-screen instructions on the screen.

If you are not able to order it online you could also contact HP phone support to order the USB recovery media for the unit. 

Please follow the steps to contact HP phone support:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Please find the link to perform a system recovery also: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 

Please follow the option "System recovery using HP supplied recovery media" from this link and that should do the trick for you.

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 You've been simply amazing to work with considering your profound technical skills.

I also thank you for giving me the privilege to serve you on this platform. It has been an absolute privilege to have worked with you. 🙂

I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.:)

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi @JennyB11,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't boot into windows, And it turns off after a few seconds after it's turned on,

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What is the Operating System installed on the PC?

Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and memory from F2

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How do i find either of those things are they on the bottom of the laptop or?I'm pretty sure Its a window 10 but I want to be 100% sure

HP Recommended

Hi @JennyB11,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you want to find the Product number and Operating System installed on your PC? Don't worry I'll guide you to find that information.

Product Number: Click here

Operating System: Click here

Please do perform the steps I had suggested as well and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The advice for the operating system tells me to go on my laptop and press the start button.My HP keeps restarting so I can't go on my laptop to see my operating system.But my product number is 'P3U33UA#ABA'

HP Recommended

Hi @JennyB11,

Thanks for the update,

I understand that the computer reboots itself, before booting into Windows, I would suggest you turn off the PC and then Press the Power button to turn ON the PC and start tapping Esc key until you see the startup Menu, On the Startup Menu press the F10 key to boot into the Bios setup utility screen. Since it's outside windows, I would suggest you stay on the Bios for a long time and check if the PC reboots.

If the PC reboots even in the Bios screen which means it's a hardware failure. If the PC stays on the Bios screen then its something to do with the software or drivers.

Perform a Hard Reset

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and memory from F2

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm confused what did you mean by staying there for a long time,just leave it on that screen?I saw something that says Win10 maybe as in Windows 10 but that's it.Also for your question awhile ago yes I did do some "changes" .I did a factory reset and after that it started doing this

HP Recommended

Hi @JennyB11,

You're right, please leave the computer on the Bios screen for sometime and check if it works, Please do perform the steps I had suggested as well and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The computer stayed on the same BIOS page.I took both tests and it said I passed all of them no problems at all.But I did start to notice that it doesn't take awhile for my HP to turn off like it used to before it goes to the startup screen.Is that normal cause I feel like It took maybe 3-5 seconds to turn it off before.Now it's just like when I turn it on,it only takes a second and it turns off.

HP Recommended

Hello...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.