Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an005ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! After installing Windows 10 bios became legacy and no longer changes. How can I change it? What am I doing wrong? Please help me.

Hp Omen 17 An 005 ur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is nothing in your screenshot about legacy mode and the boot options menu.

Your second photo...the print is way too small for me to read.

Legacy mode...That would be in a different section of the BIOS.

See this link:

HP Notebook PCs - Cannot Start Notebook Computer From a Bootable CD or DVD | HP® Support

Run the Windows system information app.

Find the BIOS Mode line on the report...is it Legacy or UEFI?

We already know the Secure boot state is off.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I don't see how that is even possible.  The BIOS version -- Legacy or UEFI -- is set when the machine is built and does not change on its own.  While you can FORCE the install of a Windows version incompatible with the BIOS version, it simply will not boot. UEFI wants GPT-formatted partitions; Legacy wants MBR-formatted partitions.  The two are very different.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@wsteshka 

In order for the notebook to run in UEFI mode/enable secure boot you must boot the W10 installation flash drive from the (U)EFI flash drive option, not the legacy one.

HP Recommended

Yes, I did it. But my overlay don't change. I have first foto, but I see on other laptops, this second foto

1000057239.jpg

1000057238.jpg

  

HP Recommended

How to install omen setup utility?

Or change?

HP Recommended

There is nothing in your screenshot about legacy mode and the boot options menu.

Your second photo...the print is way too small for me to read.

Legacy mode...That would be in a different section of the BIOS.

See this link:

HP Notebook PCs - Cannot Start Notebook Computer From a Bootable CD or DVD | HP® Support

Run the Windows system information app.

Find the BIOS Mode line on the report...is it Legacy or UEFI?

We already know the Secure boot state is off.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.