Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre TouchSmart xt i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Purchased with windows 8 but took adventure of upgrade offer. Recently had failed visual display chip also clogged hdd which had become progerssively unstable and it eventually failed as a result of the trauma.
Was advised by the stop I took it to be fixed...to upgrade ssd #as the original fitted only 8 gb). Then switched to ssd as main system and applications disk with hdd as slave (storage of personal files).
Now the machine keeps dropping windows 10.
Is this a result of the switch?
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Some predictive text typos.... For "adventure" read "advantage" and for "stop" read "shop"
HP Recommended

@Crazyisnormal

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

When you say it is "dropping Win10", please provide more details, as I don't understand what that means.

Are you able to login to Win10 and use it?

IF so, how long does Win10 then work before you have problems?

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
I get a blue screen and message saying the auto repairs can't be carried out.
It is not booting up.
The only course of action is to install windows 10 again.
This has now happened multiple times.
HP Recommended
It has varied from 1 month (from first repair till yesterday) to only 5 hours on the most recent occasion. Previously about 24 hours.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.