Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0058nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have a problem with the TPM of my PC hp  I can T find it anywhere not even in the bios but I have my pc I bought it in 2017 so it must have it.  I searched in system 32 there are some tpm folders including tpnInit initialization tpm wizard but DON T START  because it tells me that it takes remote connection which I DONT knew because w 10 I DONT FIND IT AND I DON T KNOW HOW IT WORK  help me understand how to open it and initialize the TPM  activable anywhere else but present.... thanks for the reply

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @favuamu,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To troubleshoot the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) on your HP PC, follow these steps to locate, enable, and initialize the TPM:

Check BIOS/UEFI Settings:

• Enter BIOS/UEFI: Restart your computer and press the appropriate key to enter the BIOS/UEFI setup. This key is usually F10, Esc, Del, or another function key (it should be displayed briefly on the screen during startup).
  • Find TPM Settings: Look for the TPM settings under the Security, Advanced, or Trusted Computing section. Ensure that TPM is enabled. If you can't find TPM settings, it might be listed as PTT (Platform Trust Technology) on some systems.

Enable TPM in BIOS/UEFI:

• If TPM is disabled, enable it and save the changes. Restart your computer after saving the settings.

Verify TPM in Windows:

• TPM Management Console: Open the Run dialog (Win + R), type tpm.msc, and press Enter. This should open the TPM Management Console. If TPM is enabled and functioning, you should see information about the TPM, including its version and status.
  • Device Manager: Open Device Manager (right-click the Start button and select Device Manager), then expand the Security Devices section. You should see an entry for the Trusted Platform Module.

Initialize TPM:

• If the TPM is listed but not initialized, you can initialize it via the TPM Management Console (tpm.msc).
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to initialize the TPM. You might need to restart your computer.

Check Windows Settings:

• Windows Security: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device Security. Look for information about the Security Processor (TPM).

Update BIOS/UEFI:

• Ensure your BIOS/UEFI is up to date. Check the HP support website for your PC model and download the latest BIOS/UEFI firmware if necessary.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.