Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hi brahmnoor
yeah i also think it's somewhat related to dvd im using or so. i don't know. i had already installed rufus, but that is for booting from usb right n not disc.
i have no other systems with me. about the dvd, i have three different discs of different applications as iso file. i had burned two with windows disc burner & remaining one with cyberlink iso burner/virtual drive mount, but to no avail.

thanks

visruth
HP Recommended

Hi,

Honestly, I am out of ideas.

Maybe some HP expert will chip in and let you know.

Regards,

Brahmnoor

HP Recommended
@brahmanoor thanks for the response. hope someone would chip in soon. hope DavidPK would come in fast...

thanks

visruth
HP Recommended

@brahmnoor wrote:

Hi Visruth,

Thanks a lot for your kind response!

My laptop shipped with FreeDOS, and in the beginning even I had this issue, but for me it turned out that the USB was not bootable. 

For me the best software to make a bootable disk is - http://rufus.akeo.ie/ Its free and open source, and its really light.

Have you tried booting via the DVD on other PCs. Because if other DVD/CD are working on your laptop, there might be an issue with the DVD that you are using.

Have a great day ahead!

Regards,

Brahmnoor

Hi Brahmnoor

Update: I have tried booting the disc from other system & its as suspected not booting from it too. I will update on this after checking all the discs separarely. It seems that the burning of iso to my CD is defective, i dont know. Could you please suggest of some good free softwares to do the burning to my CD. 

thanks for the help

Visruth

HP Recommended

Hi Visruth,

Give this software a try- https://cdburnerxp.se/help/Intro/cdburnerxp

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hi brahmnoor

one of the 3 discs i have works in the other system. may be its something with defective burn process. the one worked would be the one burned by cyberlink sw i guess. I'll have to look if that works for me in my lap ..

thanks

Visruth

HP Recommended
hey
i tried the working CD in my laptop and its working. i have memtest86+ iso file in it. so now stress testing my ram 🙂
earlier before doing changes to secure boot & legacy options in bios i had tried booting all the 3 CDs. after changing their values i tried booting only with one of the CDs that was there. that was the problem
so in fact, only one of the three CDs i burned really got burned properly. may be it's the one i did burning by cyberlink iso burner/virtual drive mount.
also i can see boot folders inside the CD on opening., inside which the iso file is kept.
but i can't see the same type of iso file allocation in the other two discs. when i open CD from explorer, i can only see iso file directly with no folders or sub folders containing it. may be there is the difference it holds... don't know really.

could anyone help me out here. is windows image burner not usable for iso files? if that's the case i have to depend on cyberlink or 3rd part sw for it.

thank you for the help

visruth
HP Recommended

@brahmnoor wrote:

Hi Visruth,

Give this software a try- https://cdburnerxp.se/help/Intro/cdburnerxp

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Cheers!

Hi brahmnoor

Since no HP experts are chipping in here for advices & I could not understand why only one of the three cd's i burned properly fininshed the process, I am really confused here. Cyberlink sw did finish burning properly it seems. Do you know why my built-in Windows image  burner couldn't do the trick by its own, any suggestions? Is it corrupted?

thanks for the help

Visruth

HP Recommended

Hi Visruth,

Hope you are having an amazing day!

You know, I kind of never trust these built in softwares in Windows :TongueOut: But jokes apart, I think the problem is not in the Windows Disk burner, but just that, burning a disk, and making a bootable disk can be two different tasks.

Because, as far as I know, to make a bootable disk you need a AutoRun config file and something else too. So I believe when you use other 3rd party software, you might have selected make a bootable DVD and it did.

But again, I am NO tech expert, thus I have messaged a great HP Expert, who will hopefully help you out.

Regards,

Brahmnoor

HP Recommended

@brahmnoor wrote:

Hi Visruth,

Hope you are having an amazing day!

You know, I kind of never trust these built in softwares in Windows :TongueOut: But jokes apart, I think the problem is not in the Windows Disk burner, but just that, burning a disk, and making a bootable disk can be two different tasks.

Because, as far as I know, to make a bootable disk you need a AutoRun config file and something else too. So I believe when you use other 3rd party software, you might have selected make a bootable DVD and it did.

But again, I am NO tech expert, thus I have messaged a great HP Expert, who will hopefully help you out.

Regards,

Brahmnoor

Hi brahmnoor

ok that solves this thread. Im not going to do boot CD burning from Windows image burner from now on till I get to know the proper procedure to make it bootable CD through that. Hope you too have an amazing day.

Thanks for all the help

Visruth

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.