Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dv6 6b57el
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently performed a clean installation of windows 10 but I'm unable to install HP coolsense 2.2, When I launch the installer I get this error: the app has been blocked for security reasons. The dialogue window also says unknow autor.

Any solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I got answer from the HP Expert with link to a version that works for me! ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65424.exe

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Same for me. Would be nice to get a working Windows 10 version of HP CoolSense.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  My fan was running constantly.  I was afraid everything would burn up, so I reverted back to Windows 8.  No more fan noise!  When HP corrects or updates the Coolsense driver, I will upgrade again to windows 10. 

HP Recommended

Same here on Windows 10 Home x64 and CoolSense 2.0 (I was not able to download newer version). Cannot uninstall current version either. Fan however doesn't spin up excessively and the system has the performance it should have even under load. Problem for me is that CoolSense doesn't seem to work properly - when I pick the laptop up, the fan doesn't spin up to cool itself when CoolSense set to "Auto" or "ON".

There REALLY should be a working version of this software for Windows 10 by now...

HP Recommended

Try downloading this version of HP Cool Sense

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp5250...0//sp52814.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Khalid, thanks a lot for your response! Unfortunately this is not working as it is a 2011 version. I also tried running it in compatibility mode to not avail. I think we just need to wait for HP to give an update!

HP Recommended

It would be nice to see some official HP support here.. I just wonder if some developers are reading this!

HP Recommended
I got answer from the HP Expert with link to a version that works for me! ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65424.exe
HP Recommended

Legend - thank you so much HaniX! That works flawlessly on my HP Split x2 with Windows 10!

HP Recommended

This morning I used the HP Support updater twice to get Coolsense. 

Then I saw these posts on the forum, and tried the installation 3 times and it failed. 

Then I again tried the HP Support updater again, and HP has just installed this as an update. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.